We protect your website through regular malware scans as part of our Ongoing Security initiative and our malware protection scanner is included free with your hosting account.
Our malware protection scanner runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and helps to block attacks before they damage your website.
More than 10 million websites are hacked every single year. A hacked website can not only ruin all the work that went into building your website, it can also damage your brand and cost valuable resources to fix.
That’s why we have installed Patchman on all our hosting servers; offering you free vulnerability for your website. Features include:
- Infected files quarantine: Patchman regularly scans your website for infected files. If it detects any vulnerabilities, it will automatically send you a notification email. If you do not resolve the vulnerability within 24 hours, Patchman will automatically quarantine the affected files.
- Application patching: If you’re using WordPress, Drupal or Joomla on your website, Patchman will automatically detect if your site requires ay security patches. If it does, Patchman will send you a notification email describing the vulnerability. If you do not resolve the vulnerability within two days, it will sends a reminder email. If the vulnerability remains unresolved for one week, Patchman will automatically apply the patch.
- Outdated version detection: For certain web applications, Patchman can also detect if they are outdated. Again the software will send you a notification email that lists the applications to be updated. If the application remains outdated for one week, you will receive a reminder email.
Patchman currently detects outdated versions of:
Please note that Patchman only patches specific security vulnerabilities. Updating an entire application all at once can break your website’s functionality because of plugin, theme or other dependencies. Patchman works differently by only backporting specific security fixes to ensure vulnerabilities are patched, leaving the rest of the installation intact.
If you do not want to manage Patchman yourself, consider using our Website Updates service where one of our Webmasters will manage all updates and security vulnerabilities, manually, on your behalf.
We also use the KernelCare software extension that allows us to update the security of our servers on a daily basis without needing to reboot. KernelCare is included on every one of our hosting solutions.
The advantages of KernelCare include:
- Fast updates
- No downtime because no reboot is needed
- Ensures kernel has latest security updates
- Automatic security updates
If your website has already been hacked or has malware, we also offer a Website Cleanup service which you can purchase along with your new Webmaster Centre hosting account.
We will safely remove all malicious code injections in your website file system and database, restoring your site completely. Because search engines and antivirus companies put warnings on hacked sites, we will also submit removal requests on your behalf.
Additionally, we will clean spam keywords and links injected into your website, making sure your site appears properly in search engines.
And finally, we will advise you on available updates and post-hack steps so that your site stays secure after the cleanup.
To get started and move your website hosting to our protected website hosting servers, click the button below.