This is The Webmaster Centre’s (“Webnmaster Centre”, “we”, or “our”) Server Maintenance Policy. This Server Maintenance Policy discusses the ways in which we maintain our technology to improve and administer the Services (as defined in the Terms of Service) and how you will be impacted by those actions. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this policy have the meaning given to them in our Terms of Services.
We offer a 99.9% uptime commitment. We will use our commercially reasonable efforts to provide the Services twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven days a week. However, in order to operate in an efficient and secure manner, servers and network equipment require routine maintenance and upgrades (“Scheduled Downtime”) and you acknowledge that from time to time the Services may be unavailable for various reasons, including due to Scheduled Downtime or causes beyond our control. We will provide commercially reasonable advance notice to you for Scheduled Downtimes, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize any other disruption, inaccessibility, or inoperability of our web servers but we are not responsible for the unavailability.
Planned outages, including Scheduled Downtime, during these periods will not fall under our 99.9% uptime commitment. The Webmaster Centre will make a reasonable effort to advise our customers as far in advance as possible of any predicted extended outages.
- Definitions. Three types of maintenance downtimes are defined:
- Routine Maintenance” means a weekly short downtime necessary for quick updates and patches requiring reboots or restarts.
- “Comprehensive Maintenance” means a longer monthly or otherwise scheduled downtime necessary for more significant enhancements.
- “Emergency Maintenance” means a service affecting maintenance that is so severe it requires immediate attention.
- “Scheduled Downtime” includes (i) and (ii) above.
- Intervals. The Scheduled Downtime intervals are as follows:
- Routine Maintenance Window (Weekly). Sunday mornings, from 12:00 AM until 5:00 AM, outages should not exceed fifteen (15) minutes unless other problems are encountered and will NOT be announced.
- Comprehensive Maintenance Window (Monthly or Scheduled). First Saturday evening of every month from 7:00 PM until 7:00 AM Sunday morning or otherwise scheduled and communicated to affected customers via your contact email address.
- Emergency Maintenance. This type of maintenance is inherently not scheduled and is only used in extreme circumstances. We will make our best effort to notify customers should this become necessary.
- Limitations. This Server Maintenance Policy includes but is not limited to: (i) shared servers and accounts, (ii) reseller servers and accounts, (iii) VPS servers and accounts, (iv) dedicated servers and accounts, (v) all network equipment, and (vi) internal websites such as billing and support. Major system upgrades may require additional Scheduled Downtime.
4. Backup of Data
Before attempting to troubleshoot any issue yourself or engaging us to assist with Service issues, please BACKUP ANY AND ALL DATA. The Webmaster Centre is not responsible for any data loss or corruption, including that resulting from: (i) our authorized actions, (ii) those actions you take using the Services, (iii) hardware failures, or (iv) any software or other technology failures.
5. Customer Responsibilities
- It is the responsibility of the customer to make sure that all Services being provided on their servers are setup to resume operations automatically upon reboot or restart of the particular Service you have with us. The Webmaster Centre will not be held responsible for any problems or service outages caused due to reboots during standard maintenance periods.
- WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DOWNTIME RESULTING FROM YOUR ACTIONS.
- Please contact support and file a ticket if you have any questions.
6. Date of Policy
This Server Maintenance Policy was last updated January 29, 2018.